* One or two players
* Select from four skill levels
Plays, sounds, and scores like the COSMIC AVENGER arcade game.
Coleco's exciting COSMIC AVENGER game puts you in control of a space fighter battling a planet full of aliens. Fly
your fighter over domed cities and through alien seas, firing bombs and missiles at enemy installations and targets. But
beware! The aliens are not defenseless UFOs and submarines shoot at you, bombs fall from above and missiles rise
from below while rockets track your every move Fire, dodge, and fire again! How long can you survive above this
dangerous alien planet?
GETTING READY TO PLAY
* Make sure the COLECOVISION console is connected to TV and power supply is plugged into the console. Then plug power supply into a 110/120 volt wall outlet.
* TV should be on and tuned to the same channel as the Channel Select Switch on the console.
* To play one-player COSMIC AVENGER, use the controller in Port 1 (the rear jack). To play two-player COSMIC AVENGER, use both controllers.
* ALWAYS MAKE SURE COLECOVISION UNIT IS OFF BEFORE REMOVING CARTRIDGE. Turn Off/On switch to On after cartridge is inserted.
USING YOUR CONTROLLERS
NOTE: For a one-player game, use the controller plugged into Port 1. For a two-player game, Player 1 uses the controller
plugged into Port 1; Player 2 uses the controller plugged into Port 2.
Using the Buttons and Control Stick for Cosmic Avenger
1. Keypad: Keypad buttons 1-8 allow you to select a Game Option before beginning to play. Pressing * after a game allows you to replay the same Game Option; pressing # after a game allows you to return to the Game Option screen.
2. Control Stick: Move the Control Stick in any of its eight directions to move your fighter If the Control Stick is pushed to the left, up-left, or down-left, the fighter slows
down and moves in that direction. If the Control Stick is pushed right, up-right, or down-right, the fighter speeds up and moves in that direction. If the Control Stick is
placed in the neutral position, the fighter continues moving toward the right at a constant speed.
3. Side Buttons: When the right Side Button is pushed, the fighter fires a missile. When the left Side Button is pushed, the fighter drops a bomb.
HERE'S HOW TO PLAY
NOTE: If you are playing a two-player game, players take turns. Player 1 goes first, and each turn lasts until the player's
fighter is eliminated.
STEP 1: Get ready for action.
Press the Reset Button. The title screen will appear on your TV Wait for the Game Option screen to appear. It contains a
list of game play options, numbered 1-8. Select one by pressing the corresponding number button on either controller
STEP 2: Ready, aim, fire!
The first of your fighters appears at the left side of the screen. As you move toward the right, fire missiles and drop bombs on
targets to earn points and save your fighter Be careful of ground targets that launch
rockets, get them before they get
you. And watch out for the dangerous explosions!
STEP 3: Warning: Danger, danger!
Beware of UFOs, submarines and their missiles. You can tell when UFOs are coming by watching your radar screen. The
central blue portion shows the area appearing on the display. Your fighter is shown as a dot that remains in this blue portion.
UFOs appear as dots coming toward you from the green portions in front of and behind your fighter Take careful aim
and fire away!
To replay the COSMIC AVENGER Game Option that you have been playing, press *. Or you can go back to the Game
Option screen by pressing #.
NOTE: The Reset Button on the console "clears" the computer It can be used to start a new game at any time, and can
also be used in the event of game malfunction.
Object Hit Points Object Hit Points
UFO 100 Diagonal Rocket 30
UFO Missile 30 Tank 100
Vertical Rocket 30 Tank Missile 30
Launch Base 50 Submarine 100
Launch Pad 50 Torpedo 30
Barrage Gun 50 Mine 30
Barrage Missile 30 Fuel Dome 100
The player receives a bonus fighter when the score reaches 10 000 points.
At Skill 1 (Game Options 1 and 5), each player receives five fighters per game. In games played at all other Skills, each
player receives three fighters.